Friday, July 31, 2009

"FUNNY, HOW? FUNNY LIKE I'M A CLOWN, I AMUSE YOU?"

THE MARKETING DIRECTOR OR WHOMEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF "FUNNY PEOPLE" IS A GENIUS... ATLEAST THIS MOVIE WILL HOLD THE #1 SPOT IN AMERICA FOR ONE WEEKEND!! I SAY THAT ONLY BECAUSE THE MEGA SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER "G.I. JOE THE RISE OF COBRA" IS SET TO RELEASE THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND 8/7/09!!
I HAVE YET TO SEE "FUNNY PEOPLE" BUT INTEND ON DOING SO. THOUGH THIS MOVIE WILL PROBABLY FALL SHORT OF THE EARLY SUMMER COMEDY HIT "THE HANGOVER" IT IS SURE TO HOLD ME OVER FOR ONE MORE WEEK BEFORE I SEE "G.I. JOE" THREE TIMES IN THEATRES!!!



Judd Apatow (The 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up) directs Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Leslie Mann in Funny People, the story of a famous comedian who has a near death experience. When superstar George Simmons (Sandler) is diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia, he's forced to re-evaluate his life and begins a friendship with Ira Wright (Seth Rogen), an up-and-coming comic who idolizes George and whom George reluctantly mentors. However, when George learns that his disease has gone into remission and an old flame (Leslie Mann) reenters his life, his recent near death experience inspires him to reevaluate what is important to him and what truly gives meaning to his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment